How to Review an Article
You are assigned a responsible task: to write an article review that will impress the readers with its depth and precision of evaluation. It is a must for you to learn how to review an article before you start the actual process of writing. Otherwise, your paper will lack a required combination of evaluative analysis and summarizing and will not be defined as a review. What the readers expect you to do is having a closer look at the article written by another person to evaluate it without any bias. Thus, it is evident that you should practice a lot with the articles of different writers to improve your writing skills before starting your actual work.
The article review format implies doing writing at a professional level as you will have not only to understand what the article is about but also to summarize and evaluate its content. A perfect review can be written only by a person who is well aware of all the requirements and standards of writing to demonstrate their logic, critical thinking skills, and ability to do a proper evaluation of the text. Note that you cannot provide any additional information in your review. You are limited with the details obtained only from the publication you have chosen.
An article review assignment implies evaluating the method of research applied in the article with corresponding retrospect critique and analysis.
A review of a journal article implies evaluating both strong and weak points of the text. The readers expect to gain an understanding of the writer’s interpretation of the vale that the chosen article has.
- Scientific articles
Reviews of scientific articles cover information in the field of science. An article review of such type touches upon the background details to ensure comprehensive analysis of the scientific articles.
Writing an Article Review: Tips and Hints
Have you ever read anything about how to review an article? Have you had any actual experience of doing such assignments? If your answers are negative, have a look at some valuable tips below that will help you a lot. You will never be bored again as the process of writing will be not so much effort and time-consuming. So, ready, steady, go!
- Check on the information to be included in the paper. Having studied the article review guidelines, you will know how to structure the content properly and what you should use as the basis for your work. Remember that your review should cover interesting observations and in-depth analysis.
- Identify the key idea. Scan the article and focus on the general impression it leaves. Only after that you can start brainstorming ideas about the author’s intentions and your opinion about the efficiency of writing.
- Look up the terms you do not know. It is not a problem if you are confused about certain expressions and terms. Pay special attention to each of them, highlighting them and checking their meaning in the dictionaries and different reliable sources.
- Emphasize the most important ideas. Read the article for the second time and highlight the ideas you consider to be the most valuable for understanding the author’s views.
- Create an outline. Make your task much easier, having a logical outline with the properly grouped ideas. An article review checklist will help you not to omit any detail or miss any important point. Spend some time thinking about the questions to be answered.
- Do brainstorming of the ideas for a title. Do not forget that the article review title should be both concise and eye-catching to draw the readers’ interest. Besides, it should serve as a reflection of the key idea.
- Study some samples to have a proper format of your article review. Look through the guidelines to refresh the citing rules for a required style. Be sure that you have confirmed the needed style with your teacher as the requirements for APA and MLA citation format differ significantly.
- Spend enough time to make your introduction impressive. The opening paragraph should be brief, but it should cover all the main ideas with a focus on the key arguments and ideas of the author. The last sentence should be a thesis.
- Adhere to a formal style. Make sure that your review does not use the first person of pronouns, but it is written in strict adherence with the standards of formal style for academic writing.
- Make a summary, critique, and draw conclusions. You know how to write an article review if you have followed all the tips and managed to show your opinion about the success of the author in the article. Moreover, do not forget to specify the available drawbacks in writing, if any, along with the strengths.
Having checked on the writing tips, try to determine whether you will confident to start working on the article review. If you have any doubt, seek professional assistance from a reliable writing service to have your review crafted by a writing expert. Place your order online and get rid of your fears.
How to Format an Article Review
Having learnt the article review definition, you should also pay special attention to the individual requirements given by your professor regarding the citation style. Make sure that you have obtained all required instructions and clarifications prior to writing your review.
Here is a list of questions to answer:
- Should you review one or several articles?
- What is the required citation format (APA, MLA, ASA, Chicago, Turabian, etc.)?
- What is the required word count?
- Should the review cover your personal opinion?
- Is any background information needed in the review?
Now you may start working on an article review for college students. Have a look at the samples of citing the sources in the most common academic styles: APA and MLA.
Typically, the articles are published in newspapers and academic journals or posted on websites. Working on an article review with the APA citations, it is essential to add bibliographical entries for every used reference. Here are examples of referencing.
- Website article:
Limer, E. (2013, October 1). Heck yes! Retrieved from //gizmodo.com/heck-yes-the-first-free-wireless-plan-is-finally-here-1429566597
- Journal Article:
Duncan, S. (2016). Voices from the grandstands. Sporting Traditions, 33(2), 19-40.
- Newspaper Article:
Saunders, J. (1995, Oct. 30). Obesity affects social status. Washington Post, 1-4.
- Website article:
White, Lori. “The Newest Fad in People Helping People: Little Free Pantries.” Upworthy, 3 Aug. 2016.
- Journal Article:
Guillen, Jorge. "Does Financial Openness Matter in the Relationship Between Financial Development and Income Distribution in Latin America?" Emerging Markets Finance, vol. 52, no. 5, 2016, pp. 1145-1155.
- Newspaper Article:
Schmidt, John. "Companies Fail the Test." The Gazette, 15 Mar. 2015, 11. Print.
Article Review Example
Article Review Writing Service
If you are searching for the law article review, journal article review, psychology article review, management article review, science article review, or research article review, feel free to contact Writing-service.org, and our experts will provide you with the brilliant piece of writing. We have already helped a few thousands of the despaired customers to save their grades. After they contacted us with the request “Write My Article Review” their academic performance was improved significantly. Being impressed with our professionalism and responsible attitude to work, they recommend us to their friends and classmates as a reliable writing agency that can make genuine miracles.
We highly appreciate the trust of our customers in our writing proficiency and want to emphasize that all our clients are our loyal friends, who deserve the best service. If you have some problem associated with the article review or any other assignment, place an order and get article review online. We assure you that we treat each of your requests with maximum attention and care.