Informative Essay Writing Tips
In order to write this essay type properly, it is crucial to understand what kind of paper it is and what its purpose is. Informative essay is a piece of writing that suggests telling the audience about something in details. Some event or phenomenon can be a central point of the paper. While writing the paper, the writer should assume that the readers have little/no knowledge about the topic. Consequently, their aim is to explain the issue as detailed as possible.
Unlike any other essay type, the main aim of the writers working on informative essays is not convincing the readers in something. It means that the writers should avoid providing personal judgment of the events discussed and only use factual data. This essay should be deprived of bias or personal opinion.
Informative essay writing is a good way of providing some information, as well as a good way of obtaining information about some issue. As a result, the writer should try to provide information in a clear and understandable manner, as not all readers may be aware of the topic under discussion or their knowledge on the issue can be quote shallow. Our article will provide you with useful information on writing an informative paper.
Informative Essay Writing: Things to Remember
Informative essays writing should follow a specific procedure as discussed below:
- Start writing with choosing a good topic. In order to write a good paper, you need to have enough information to cover the topic fully. For this reason, you should make a research to find our whether the topic you are going to discuss can be completed properly with the available information. Moreover, you should make sure that the information you use is credible and up-to-date. The example of such topic can be police brutality in the USA, obesity in modern world, etc.
- Create a strong thesis statement.Thesis is a central idea of your paper. Think about what message you are going to deliver to the audience and create your thesis based on it. It should be information enough for the readers to understand what they are going to read about. It can include some statistical data, etc.
- Start with a draft.Some students consider writing a draft a waste of time. However, draft is an important part of writing, as it gives possibility to change and adjust information to your needs in the process of writing. Try to provide as much information in your draft as possible. If you do so, it will be much easier for you to remove excessive data in the future then to look for additional data to meet the word count of your paper. You can give facts, provide statistics, etc. Still, you should remember that you should properly cite the information taken from other source not to be accused of plagiarizing.
- Look for information both online and in a library. The more sources you find, the better. After selecting numerous sources, you should make sure that they are not older than 5 years from now. The other great way to get information is to provide interviews if the topic of the paper allows it.
- Create the final version of the paper.
- Proofread your paper. Check the final draft of your essay before submitting it for grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes. You can do it yourself or order professional editing services online.
Writing an Informative Essay
The common principle of writing an information paper is “5 wh?” method. This method helps to provide full information on the topic without missing anything important. 5 wh? Presupposes answering five simple questions: Who? Where? Why? What? When? By answering all of them in the paper helps create a high quality piece of writing.
Considering the structure of this essay type, it follows a standard 5 paragraph principle:
- Introduction. The section that introduces the topic and provides thesis statement.
- Main body. It explains the issue in details in 3 paragraphs.
- Concluding paragraph. It summarizes the main points presented in the main body and restates thesis statement.
Just like in any other paper, introduction performs a function of an informative agent. It provides a general description of a topic and some background information. You should explain why the topic is worth discussing and how useful it can be for the readers. Besides, it is crucial to provide some attention grabber in a form of a statement, statistics, etc. This section is not very long and usually consists of 6 to 7 sentences. The final sentence of the section is thesis statement.
Thesis for Informative Essay
Thesis is a statement that serves as a central point of the whole paper. All the information presented in an essay revolves around it. Thesis is not merely some fact or statistical data. It is a central idea of the paper, which shows what issue the writer is going to explain in it. Besides, thesis helps reader outline the purpose of the paper and understand your paper better. Good thesis statement is an indicator that you know how to write an informative paper. Thesis can be 1 or 2 sentences long.
Main Body Writing for an Informative Essay
This is the most informative part of your paper. It provides supportive facts to your thesis and gives detailed explanation of the chosen topic. Try not to provide different ideas within one paragraph. Try to dedicate one paragraph of the main body to a single idea. However, you should make sure that all the idea are connected under one thesis and are used to support it. In order to make the information flow, use transition sentences between the paragraphs.
The final section of the paper is conclusion. It summarizes the information provided focusing on the most essential parts and the most important points. Besides, the section requires restating the thesis but in a form that is different from the one that was used in the introductory part. It means that you should use different words to restate it and support it with the key points discussed in the paper.
Suggested Topics for Informative Essays
If you face problems with choosing the best topic for your paper, do not worry. You can look for some papers examples online and find some interesting topics to work on. You can also try to write a paper on a topic you are interested in personally. If it is still difficult for you to choose a topic, you can also look through our list of the suggested topics and choose something that fits you best.
- Effective ways to overcome the fear of flying.
- How to avoid heart problems in older age.
- The best ways to take care of plants at home.
- Effective methods of controlling bad habits.
- The best way to organize birthday party with a minimal budget.
- Moving into a new home: How to make this process painless.
- Effective methods of fighting terrorism in the world.
- How to use modern technologies in education effectively.
- The ways Government can help fight alcoholism among Native Americans.
- Cyberbullying: what is it and how to fight it?
- Increased poverty in the countries of the third world.
- The reasons of mental problems among young adults.
- How to get the best life insurance.
- The ways to protect personal data at big corporations.
- The reasons of violent behaviors among children and how to stop it.
- Positive influence of games on brain development.
- The reasons for supporting anti-abortion legislation.
- Why we should not bother about global warming.
- Harm from banning animal testing.
- The ways to reduce homelessness in the USA.
- Duties of legislative branch in France.
- How do fast food restaurants add to obesity problems among young adults?
- The importance of recycling.
- Ways to improve self-esteem at school when you do not feel comfortable among peers.
- Why is gun control good?
- College or university: What is better?
- The outcomes of World War II.
- The role of Great Britain in the Second World War.
- The importance of green zones in big cities.
- How school uniform can reduce the instances of bullying.
- How to make your manager notice you.
- The best ways not to fail interview.
- The best trip of my life.
- Importance of arts for children development.
- Hidden danger of tan.
- Too much sun can kill.
- Cats are better pats than dogs.
- The ways to make your pregnancy a positive experience.
- The best ways to keep your new-born child safe.
- Why it is important to take vitamins on a regular basis.
- The most fascinating music festivals of the world.
- The role of television in forming a viewpoint of the audience.
- Positive role of music on people’s mood.
- Does the prison system in the US work?
- The benefits of death penalty.
- The best food for children.
- Does television spoil children?
- Why freedom of speech has become dangerous in some countries?
Things that Should Be Paid Attention to While Writing Informative Essays
Even if writing an informative essay may seem easy to deal with, there are many issues that can make your work quite complicated. Moreover, there are also issues that may influence the quality of your work without you even knowing that. The most common mistakes among the students writing informative papers include:
- Using personal pronouns.The main aim of the informative essay is toexplain some issue without expressing personal opinion. It is all about sharing facts and not personal opinion.
- Avoid analyzing. Analysis is not an issue for this paper type. You are not supposed to analyze the topic but to explain it to the readers. Do not try to make the audience perceive the topic your way. The task of a write here is to inform.
- Lying to the readers. Some writes tend to conceal some information regarding the topic to make the audience form a specific attitude towards it, which is beneficial for the writer. Still, the task of information paper is to give a reader a chance to create his/her own opinion about the topic based on the information received.
- Illogical presentation of information. The information in the paper should be provided in a logical and understandable manner. The readers should not guess anything but receive information they need.
- Repetitions. Do not repeat the same facts many times. Proofread your paper to avoid such mistakes.
Free Informative Essay Sample on How To How to Create and Benefit from a Virtual Office
What is a virtual office? Do we really know how to create a virtual office? Or do we know what the benefits of a virtual office are? We need to be up-to-date with technological changes to accrue benefits associated with technology. This is an informative speech that will briefly educate us on how to create and benefit from virtual office.
How to Create a Virtual Office
We will start by giving a definition of a virtual office. It is defined as a addresses services and off-site live communications that lets users to reduce the conventional costs of office but maintaining business professionalism at the same time. The history of a virtual office dates back to the time of information age and technological innovations and the first commercial use of a virtual office occurred in 1994.
In the era we are in, workplaces have no boundaries especially due to the fact that employees are located all over the world. With the increasing prices of ‘real offices,’ virtual offices have become attractive to many businesses. Before one can create a virtual office, if is important that the business address for the virtual office is decided ranging from a Commercial Mail Receiving Agency, or a mail box number. Next is to look at the connectivity choices from emails, cell phones, VoIP, instant messages and any other that may be appropriate. Then decide on the location for the virtual office. The place is then furnished to create a working atmosphere while ensuring that there is enough space for installation of computers, telephone lines, and fax machines.
The next step is to install the necessary software on the computers depending on the needs (presentations, web conferencing and meeting scheduling). Installing an anti-virus program will go along way in protecting the computers. Next is to get in touch with telephone service provider for provision of an interactive voice response (IVR) that will be used to manage calls while not onsite. The next step will be to set up an intranet facility that is accessible to the company employers when passing vital information or by use of Virtual Private Network (VPN). This is to ensure confidentiality in the transferred material and keeping track of who accesses it.
It is important that when all the above is done, official meeting with clients, co-workers and any involved part is held at a convenient location over a cup of tea or coffee. If all these people cannot attend, then they can be connected through use of webcam, instant messaging or cell phones. Employees need to submit their timesheets to check on their number of working hours (ehow).
Benefits of Virtual Offices
Virtual offices are credited for their many benefits. They have transformed the way people conduct their business and many businesses can now be conducted through the use of these virtual offices. Below is a list of some of the benefits of virtual offices.
- Elimination of rent costs. The high cost of rental space is saved and with use of homes, one might be eligible for tax breaks.
- Reduction of transport costs. A virtual office will greatly come to handy especially now that gas and fuel costs are on the rise.
- Virtual offices are very flexible as employees can work from the comfortable of their homes saving on time and commuter allowances. This means that people can balance on their jobs, family and leisure.
- Virtual offices can help hire employees based on their expertise, talent and cost effectiveness without looking at the person’s location. For example a programmer can live in Britain but work for a U.S. based company.
How We Can Help with Your Paper
If you have problems with completing your paper, you can order it from us. Our services are designed to help students get their papers without problems. Our work is based on three pillars, which are privacy, availability, prices. It means that we protect personal data of our customers and provide high quality papers any time they need them for the prices they can afford. Working with us is easy! Our services will make you happy and completely satisfied with the papers we deliver. Get your informative essay now!